Our big city surgeon came in today around 6ish to say that, unlike our first surgeon in Smallville, he doesn't see five pockets of cysts and isn't as concerned about the two cysts he does see. He doesn't know anything concrete, but he thinks this could quite possibly be an abdominal inflammatory sort of thing.
Of course, this is just an opinion... but it's supposedly an opinion based on his feelings and the feelings of four members of the radiology department. In my book, that outweighs the opinion of a lone small-town surgeon. I consider today's news to be very good. Of course, I was shooting for anything but cancer... And, for now, that's what we've got.
The weekend will be more wait and see... She remains in the hospital so they can control her pain and observe her. However, I don't mind the waiting so much when the news I'm waiting for isn't so gloomy. With that said, I'm trying not to get too happy too soon. After they observe her, the doctor said they might go in and take a look with a scope to see what's happening in there. They could find something worse. I realize that. But I'm not going to spend time worrying about the "what ifs" now. I'm just going to hang out and soak up a bit of relief.
Again, thanks for your support... Please know that it helped and will be appreciated until this thing is resolved.