Latest burned CD... It's all good stuff, I tell you.
(1) Margaritaville / Jimmy Buffet.
(2) Dixieland Delight / Alabama.
(3) Beer Run / George Jones & Garth Brooks.
(4) My Hometown / Charlie Robinson.
(5) As Close as I'll Get to Loving You / Aaron Tippen.
(6) She's Every Woman / Garth Brooks.
(7) Forget About Us / Tim McGraw
(8) Riding For A Fall / Chris Ledux
(9) This Cowboy's Hat / Chris Ledux
(10) The Cowboy In Me / Tim McGraw.
(11) Where Were You? / Alan Jackson.
(12) Amarillo By Morning / George Strait.
(13) Good Ol' Boys / Waylon Jennings.
(14) Devil Went Down To Georgia / Charlie Daniels.
(15) Devil Went Back To Georgia / Johnny Cash.
(16) Big Bad John / Jimmy Dean.
(17) Convoy / C.W. McCall.
College. 12:40 a.m. Coming home & going to bed.
What the hell is wrong with this picture?
Do I need to write "Getting Crazy for Dummies" and hand it to the roomie? Sure, I know... I've been sitting here all night. So what makes it so wrong for him to come in early? Well, it's because he's 19. I'm almost 24. I've drank myself silly. Had crazy monkey sex until the wee hours of the morning. Woke up in odd places. Woke up with odd people. I've made late night road trips for no reason. I've had my fair share of fun. And after being awake for 35 of the last 37 hours, I figured I'm entitled to sit on my ass and rest a while.
How did I manage to make college an eventful experience? Well, it certainly wasn't accomplished by coming in before 1 a.m. on a Friday night. How can this boy ever take something away from the college experience if he's more worried about meeting his bedtime than he is about having a good time? Oh, that's right. He must be one of those here for the degree. :-)
Actually, I think you can do both. And I hope that sometime next year, I'll be proof of it.
He's officially in bed with the lights out by 1 a.m... Damn.
The future of our country is obviously in jeopardy.
It wasn't enough that the dorm next door had its fire alarm going off for the world to hear... but now some fuckhead had to pull ours, too. Of course, it's 70 degrees in December and the heating system is on, so I have my window open to let air in. This means the fire alarm is blaring somewhere near 30,000,000,000 decibels. I think I'll live with it this time, though.
When it went off, I got to watch my roomie try to silence it by hitting the snooze button on his clock radio. It didn't work... But it wasn't for a lack of trying. He beat the hell out of that fucker with a closed fist until it woke him up. I must say... That wouldn't have been a problem if he'd been awake like me.
Lesson of the day: If you're asleep by 2 a.m. when you're 19 years old, you'll end up looking like a doofus. (Yes, I *can* twist any story to support my cause.) heh, heh.