Five or six (or maybe even seven) years ago, I'd gotten a small hutch type of deal for my computer. The thing was small enough to roll around on wheels and everything was on top of everything else. I felt bad even calling it a desk as it no drawers and very little work space. Not now... I've got room for stacks of all sorts of papers, bills & magazines. My work space has always been cluttered... But now, I've actually got room for the mess!
After we get dinner and make a Wal-Mart run (the bad thing about spending most of December on the road is that I now must restock my entire apartment), it'll be time to assemble the other gift -- a brand new chair. My ass has worn down the padding in the old one and what I didn't wear out, TheCatTM helped tear up before she had her claws removed. With a new desk and a new place to plant my butt, I should have no reason not to write more in aught-six.
Other things that I should find time to do this year:
1. Continue weight loss started by kicking my Coke habit.
2. Become less of a passive LJ reader. It's okay to comment in entries!
3. Set new career goals. Then systematically obliterate them.
4. Stop living my life on multiple fronts. This is not a war.
5. Find out what it would take to buy a house.
6. Grow a pair and have my wisdom teeth taken out.
7. With #6 out of the way... Orthodontics. (Why, yes. I am 12.)
8. Spend less. Save more.
9. Not get carried away with new year's ideas. (Oops. Too late.)
0. There's no #10. See above.